|Saturday, Sep 20, 2014|
The Big Splash General Operational Rules
- Proof of residency required for resident rates. Show photo I.D or photo I.D. with utility bill or pay stub.
- Children ages 11 years and younger must be accompanied by a person 16 years or older at all times.
- A 16-year-old may be responsible for up to eight children. If there are more in your group, another person 16 years or older must be present.
- The Big Splash reserves the right to limit admissions due to safety concerns.
- Any person having an infectious disease or open sores will be refused admission to the pool.
- Any person who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be refused admittance or asked to leave.
- All injuries must be reported to First Aid personnel.
- Always notify a lifeguard of any unsafe situation.
- Read all signs upon entry as they further explain Big Splash rules and regulations, including slide use.
- Children or adults prone to accidents must wear swim diapers. Guests needing to purchase a child-size swim diaper may do so in Guest Relations for $1.
- Inflatable swim devices, including arm bands, are not allowed. Any floatation device being used must be U.S. Coast Guard approved. A seal inside the upper back will provide verification. For safety, only one person may use any approved device. The Big Splash provides a limited number of approved life jackets for guests' use. Please return these to the rack located by First Aid station.
- Flotation devices that have been used in non-chlorinated bodies of water may not be used at The Big Splash to prevent the spread of bacteria.
- For your comfort, numerous chairs are provided. Please note that deck chairs are to be used by one person only and must remain in the designated areas. For your safety, it is important that they are not used as play structures.
- Please refrain from saving chairs for guests arriving later.
- To keep you safe, in-service trainings for our professional lifeguards will be conducted throughout the season -- please be courteous during these sessions.
- The sound system is for the hourly announcement and emergencies only, guests will not be paged.
- The following are not permitted within the facility: articles made wholly or partly of glass, chewing gum, alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, rafts, flotation devices not approved by the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Attendees may bring in personal-sized coolers. Pizza boxes and glass containers are prohibited.
- Appropriate swimming attire is required: no cut-off shorts, hanging strings or suits with metal buttons or accents are permitted.
- You must be 48" or taller to ride the two main slides.
- Obey staff directions at all times.
- Do not distract the lifeguards from their duties.
- The use of radios and MP3, tape or CD players is limited to personal listening devices with headphones.
- Rollerblades, skates, skateboards and bikes are not permitted in the aquatic center.
- Rest breaks are scheduled on the hour for 15 minutes. Children 17 years and younger must exit the water. Children ages three and younger may remain in the water with an adult.
- Re-admittance into to the aquatic center requires a hand stamp when exiting. Stop at the entrance gate for a stamp.
- Swim programs are available, please ask for details.
- Guests with special needs are welcome; staff is pleased to provide assistance.
- Photos and videos may be taken and used for promotion by the management.